[February 13, 2014] There is some debate when the best time of year is to buy a new car but February is normally said to be the best month. Generally this is a slow sales month and thus a good time to buy. With this in mind, I’m presenting Ford Motor Company as a very successful vehicle manufacturer.
They are successful because of great leadership going back to Henry Ford who incorporated the company in 1903. He introduced methods for large-scale manufacturing of cars and large-scale management of an industrial workforce using elaborately engineered manufacturing sequences – moving assembly lines.
Fundamental to success for Ford Motor Company are these basic core values (using their words):
- People: Our people are the source of our strength. They provide our corporate intelligence and determine our reputation and vitality. Involvement and teamwork are our core human values.
- Products: Our products are the end result of our efforts, and they should be the best in serving our customers worldwide. As our products are viewed, so are we viewed.
- Profits: Profits are the ultimate measure of how efficiently we provide customers with the best products for their needs. Profits are required to survive and grow.
Ford Motor Company’s mission statement: Our mission is to improve continually our products and services to meet our customers’ needs, allowing us to prosper as a business and to provide a reasonable return for our stockholders, the owners of our business1.
They also have published their “Guiding Principles” which help them to maintain their success.
- Quality comes first.
- Customers are the focus of everything we do.
- Continuous improvement is essential to our success.
- Employee involvement is our way of life. We are a team.
- Dealers and suppliers are our partners.
- Integrity is never compromised.
 The official website of the Ford Motor Company: http://www.ford.com/
 Corporate site: http://corporate.ford.com/