[June 15, 2021] I’ve written articles every day for almost eight years and enjoyed every moment of doing so. But with a pile of grandkids coming to my home for a week, I’m signing off for a few of those days. I’ll be back with an attitude to drive home the point that leadership is sorely needed in our time.
Remember, this is just temporary. I plan to be back in action by June 23rd, more or less. Most of the grandkids will have returned to their homes, and, with luck, we all will have survived.
With all this in mind, below, I’ve listed a few things of general interest to me.
- U.S. President Joe Biden’s mental capacity is obviously in decline. He no longer fulfills his job responsibilities. I wrote about these challenges earlier, but I had no idea things could get this bad. Take a look at the videos of his performance on his first European trip (it took this long?) at the G7 meeting in Cornwall. Or, take a look at how badly Biden treats the country of Britain.
- This weekend on June 19th, we rightly celebrate “Juneteenth,” the date slaves were freed in Galveston, Texas, in 1865. Real freedom was realized for those slaves, something many Americans today can no longer understand or care to understand.
- Winston Boogie Smith was the target of a fugitive task force arrest operation that cornered him at the top of a parking ramp on June 3rd. Smith engaged in a gun battle with the task force when they tried to arrest him. It didn’t go well for Smith; he died. Now there is looting and rioting and other violent acts “in his name.” How stupid can you get?
- The U.S. military is turning “woke.” No institution appears safe from the poisonous racism of Critical Race Theory. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin (the wrong man for the job) advocates for these anti-American views. I’ll write about this in a couple of weeks. Watch Senator Tom Cotton ask SECDEF Austin some basic questions and see Austin squirm.
- The international terror group Hamas finally had enough of U.S. House Representative Ilhan Omar being on “their team.” Hamas issued a press release denouncing her for equating Palestinian resistance to the ‘crimes’ of Israel and the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan. They appreciate her stance on justice but asks her to describe events “accurately.” I only hope so. It seems as if Hamas doesn’t like being lumped in with the U.S. and Israel.
- S. VP Kamala Harris stubbed her toe in a South American visit where she handed out faceless cookies in her likeness. The internet exploded but not in the way maybe she thought about it – bad move. But great stuff for comedians and other entertainers.
- On this date, June 15, 2009, a US Airways Airbus 320 flown by Chesley Sullenberger – a former F-4 fighter pilot and captain in the U.S. Air Force – runs into a flock of geese during takeoff, disabling the engines. Sullenberger skillfully ditches the plane in the Hudson River. All of the 150 passengers and five-person crew are safely rescued. A great story.
- “Doctor” Jill Biden wants us to know that she, as a “government official,” is busily preparing herself and her husband for the G7 conference. Well, Jill (er, Doctor Jill), how well is that turning out. See item number one of this article.
I hope to enjoy my grandkids without pulling my back out or having a heart attack.
Here are some of my favorite articles:
- This Veteran Doesn’t Kneel – https://www.theleadermaker.com/this-veteran-doesnt-kneel/
- Why I’m an American Patriot – https://www.theleadermaker.com/why-im-an-american-patriot/
- Joe Biden: Leadership, Competence, & Character – https://www.theleadermaker.com/joe-biden-leadership-competence-character/
- Leadership Comparison: Biden vs. Trump – https://www.theleadermaker.com/leadership-comparison-biden-vs-trump/
Read these with recent events in mind and see how I faired “foreseeing” the future.
See you all in a week.