[May 16, 2023] Here is something a little different that young men reading my blog might find valuable, something other than leadership traits. Courtney Ryan, a social media blogger, just came out with a segment that advises us on things men do that make them less attractive to women (see YouTube video here, 11:56 minutes).
We are all social creatures and have an innate attraction to others, particularly members of the opposite sex. For those who are snowflakes, I don’t apologize for telling things about reality, but here it is. I’ve been following Ms. Ryan on her YouTube channel for several months. She is entertaining and knows how to strike at the heart of human relationships.
She admits that many factors make men less attractive (and attractive) to women. These come from a woman’s perspective. So, I think it is worth listening to her. Here are the seven factors she believes are most important:
- Being Passive: This shows a lack of assertiveness, less confidence, and poor leadership. These are things that women want in a man. Most women prefer a man who takes the initiative and takes the lead on things. Being passive is not suitable for men, even ignoring the woman factor.
- Poor Hygiene: Go figure! Physical attractiveness points back to one thing, physical health. If you have poor hygiene, you don’t look like the epitome of health. It suggests a lack of self-care when one should stay clean, wearing good fitting and clean clothes, and brushing your teeth. This list can go on for a long time.
- Negative Attitude: Even if you are a great guy, if you have a bad attitude, you make life unenjoyable for everyone, and people don’t want to be around you. Women (everyone, for that matter) want to see you focused on solutions and not problems.
- Laziness: It shows a lack of motivation, drive, and ambition which are qualities that women look for in a man. They like men who are passionate and bold, and strong. Those who are lazy don’t cut it with quality women.
- Lack of Sleep: I found that odd, but Ms. Ryan explains. A lack of sleep can harm your looks, and your physical and mental health suffers.
- Contractive Body Language: Crouching your shoulders, crossing your arms, having your hands in your pockets, and excessively fidgeting make women perceive you as less attractive.
- Having No Sense of Humor: A good sense of humor puts women at ease and indicates intelligence and a positive outlook. And, as we know, a good sense of humor is good for your physical and mental health. All good things in a relationship.
Be sure to sign up for her videos and leave a comment on her social media. She is on Instagram, YouTube, and other media.
Please read my books: