[December 2, 2019] I’ve been sitting on a few ideas lately that haven’t developed into full articles but I wanted to put them out for feedback. I’m focusing today on leadership that falls short of commonsense and, well, some folks just call those failures by the slang term “screw-ups.”
The Girl Scouts of America remind us why they are failing young girls. About a week ago, the Girl Scouts tweeted out a “Reminder: She doesn’t owe anyone a hug. Not even at the holidays.” I’m no prude but this is the wrong lesson. What are they really saying? Frankly, I’m not sure, so I will provide a little conjecture. They are saying, I believe, that young girls own their bodies and no one should tell them how to act. This is not feminism but a radical form of anti-male ideology that has slowly crept into the Girl Scouts. Of course, this is not the way social humans act. Girl Scouts of America, you have again failed us.
U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman shows his insubordination. Anyone who has spent any amount of time in the U.S. military knows that LTC Vindman’s career is toast. The reasons are simple. First, he defied the executive branch’s delineated chain of command. Second, Vindman testified that US PresidentTrump’s actions regarding the Ukraine were unconstitutional; the fact is, however, Vindman was wrong (they teach this in the Officer Basic Course). Third, Vindman bypassed his boss and went directly to Democratic politicians and testified in uniform about his personal judgments regarding Trump. Fourth, Vindman’s boss saw him as unreliable and had questionable judgment; thus not keeping Vindman informated. My conclusion is that Vindman’s insubordination is obvious and he should be immediately punished for it.
Chinese President Xi Jinping’s concentration camps exposed. Even by the carefully crafted image of China by its leader President Xi, a huge document dump has exposed the truth about Concentration Camps in this communist nation. But it’s more than that, it is now known that China is using these camps to “reeducate” Muslims and other undesirables plus using their free labor to help bolster the Chinese economy. It is interesting what the U.S. National Basketball Association leadership has to say about this since they recently knuckled under to China over a recent dustup on comments about the Hong Kong democracy movement.
- Clearing the Spindle: Foreign Affairs – https://www.theleadermaker.com/clearing-the-spindle-foreign-affairs/
- Clearing the Spindle: a Year of Insults – https://www.theleadermaker.com/clearing-the-spindle-a-year-of-insults/
- Clearing the Spindle: Leader Morality – https://www.theleadermaker.com/clearing-the-spindle-leader-morality/
- Clearing the Spindle: the Leaders – https://www.theleadermaker.com/clearing-spindle-leaders/
- Clearing the Spindle: Politics – https://www.theleadermaker.com/clearing-spindle-politics/
- Clearing the Spindle: Morality – https://www.theleadermaker.com/clearing-spindle-morality/